Every Windows devices come with a feature which is known as Attachment Manager. It will protect your device from the dangerous files. When you download any file from the internet, there are many files that also get downloaded along with the original files.
Due to this, you might get Gmail virus scanners are temporarily unavailable problem. The antivirus software unable to detect the files and as a result, your device might get at risk.
If you are getting this issue while working on the Windows device, then follow the steps mentioned in the section below. Let’s start with the first method.
Possible Reasons for Gmail Virus Scanners are Temporarily Unavailable:
This error might pop up due to various reasons. Here we have listed the acute reasons for this frustrating situation. Let’s have a look at the causes of this issue.
- Damaged or corrupted registry files are responsible for this error message.
- Sometimes, the problem is the third-party antivirus software
- In case, the antivirus software malfunctions, you will receive this issue.
- In case, if your device is infected with the malware, then the downloading of any files may fail and as a result, you will encounter this issue.
No matter what are the reasons, you need to fix this issue as early as possible. To help you out, you have listed some effective methods in order to resolve the problem.
Effective Ways to Fix Gmail Virus Scanners are Temporarily Unavailable Problem:
If you are frequently getting the same issue, then you need to apply these methods listed in the section below accordingly to get rid of this situation.
Fix 1: Restore Google Chrome
Most of the time, the problem appears on Google Chrome. If you are getting this issue, then you need to restore Google Chrome. To do that, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, launch Google Chrome on your device and then move to the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” option.
- After that, go to the Settings section and then check the Show Advanced Settings option. Now, scroll down the page and then select the Reset Browser Settings section.
- Thereafter, select the Reset button to restore Google Chrome.
When you are done with these steps, restart Google Chrome and the device as well. Now, check whether the problem gets resolved.
Fix 2: Perform a Clean Boot
In case, if you still get the same issue, then you need to perform a clean boot on your device. According to the users, by using this method they can easily resolve the problem. Hence, you should try this once.
To do this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, press the Start button and then type ‘msconfig’ in the search bar. Hit the Enter button to open the System Configuration on your device.
- Under the System Configuration section, select the Service tab. After that, click on the checkbox corresponding to the Hide all Microsoft services to turn it off.
- After that, launch the Task manager on your device. Now, select each start items under the Task manager section.
After completing the steps, restart your device and check the status of the error message.
Fix 3: Use Control Panel section
You can get rid of the “Virus scan failed” error from the Control Panel section. Hence, walk through the steps mentioned hereunder.
- First of all, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. After that, click on the Uninstall Programs section under the Programs section.
- Now, find out My Cinema Pro, Magic Actions for YouTube and other unfamiliar applications on your device.
- After that, right-click on the applications and select the Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
After uninstalling the unwanted application from your device, restart the system and check if the problem gets resolved.
Fix 4: Check the Antivirus Software
If you find that the problem is in the antivirus software, then you need to update the antivirus software. If still the antivirus software unable to scan your device, then uninstall the antivirus software from the Control Panel section and then reinstall it again with the latest version.
Now, try to scan your device and hopefully, you will no longer get the same issue again.
Undoubtedly, these troubleshooting methods are sufficient enough to resolve the Gmail virus scanners are temporarily unavailable problem. Simply read all the methods carefully and apply them accordingly. We hope you will surely get a positive result.