Have you accidentally delete archived emails of your Gmail account? Don’t worry, there are several ways to recover them. Here in the below section, we are about to discuss some easy tricks through which you will be able to recover the deleted emails in Gmails in minutes.
How to Retrieve Archived Emails in Gmail?
Archived Gmail is not saved on the Starred folder. You also not find them in the Inbox folder. Further, you can access them from the ‘All Mail’ folder of your Gmail account.
But the deleted emails could not be retrieved if they are deleted automatically or manually after completing the waiting time (30 days).
You can perform the methods described below:
Way 1: Undelete from Trash
We know that the deleted emails are moved to the Trash folder and they await 30-days probation before permanent delete.
Depending on the language, the Trash folder may be named as ‘Bin.’ Usually, the Trash folder acts like a ‘Recycle Bin’ of your Gmail account for 30 days.
Hence, if you want to know how to recover deleted emails Gmail, then you can move the deleted emails to Inbox by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, log into your Gmail account.
- Tap on the More button from the left pane of the screen.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Trash’ option from the list.
- Under the Trash folder, tick the box near to the message that you wish to retrieve.
- Next, tap on the Move button. After that, choose the ‘Inbox’ option.
- Lastly, choose the location where you want to move the deleted message (Inbox or Archive).
Way 2: Using Gmail Search
If there is a lot of emails in the Trash folder, then finding the right email can be a challenging task for you. So, the email you are trying to find can be lost easily, although they are actually present on your account.
Ordinary eye-scanning or scrolling may take a long time to find the particular email that you are searching for. Hence, it is easier to find them by using the search bar of Gmail. Here’s how to do this:
- First and foremost, navigate to the ‘Search mail’ window.
- Afterward, type the data on the message that you are searching for. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate that particular email.
- After typing the details, hit the Enter key from the keyboard. Then, all the emails matching your preferences will appear on the screen.
Way 3: Service ‘Mail & Spam & Trash’
It may happen that the email you are searching for is in the Spam folder due to the settings of the mailbox. Or it might also happen that the email is marked as Junk and thus moved to the Spam folder. The Spam folder holds the emails for 30 days and then deletes them automatically for a permanent period.
You can retrieve the emails easily from the Spam folder. Here are the steps you can perform to do this:
- In the beginning, open the Spam folder.
- Now, choose the emails that you want to move to Inbox.
- Click on the ‘Not spam’ option from the upper side of the screen. Or if you prefer you can also move the email directly to the Inbox.
Otherwise, you can use the ‘Mail & Spam & Trash’ to find the emails from Spam. Some of the features of email are not available on the mobile application. Hence. it’s always better to search for an email on a computer rather than on a mobile device.
- First, sign in to your account.
- Go to the ‘All Mail’ tab and then choose the ‘Mail & Spam & Trash’ option from the list.
- Now, type the data (you can type from whom you receive the email) of the emails that you are looking for.
- Afterward, press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Wait for a few seconds and you will see that the deleted email will appear.
Way 4: Using Microsoft Outlook
Another way to retrieve the deleted archived emails is by using Microsoft Outlook. But, you can only do this, if you are using the Microsoft Exchange server for your email server.
How to Recover Deleted Emails Using Microsoft Outlook?
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook and then log into your email account.
- Navigate to the ‘Mail Folder’ tab and then select the ‘Deleted Items’ from the list.
- Afterward, right-click on the deleted emails. Then, choose the ‘Move to folder’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Move the deleted message to the Inbox’ option. Wait for a few seconds until the process completes.
Now, you can check if you are able to recover the deleted emails in Gmails.